Saturday, January 26, 2013

Warmer Temps

Besides the bitter cold temperatures this past week not much going on for a late Saturday afternoon. When I mean cold were talking 10 deg. F, you learn to appreciate your car battery in the morning as it turns over and starts up. Today did reach 30 F with the sun shining so it felt nice.

Not much doing on the radio side but depending on the band conditions will try and jump on before dinner and give it my best. This week I did run a radial ground wire 16"6" feet for 20 meters that lowered my standing wave ratio to about 2.9 - 3.0 and let the turner work out the rest. Before the ground wire my SWR was way out of control.

One more ground wire for the 40 meter band is on the to do list for this week, I enjoy the novice hangout and the slower pace of CW.

Lets just say my long wire antenna is a work in progress, always tweaking.

Enjoy your weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment