Sunday, September 5, 2010

Jersey Shore


Spent the last few days at the Jersey shore with the family for the annual end of summer getaway.

Hurricane Earl went by with some mighty strong winds which made for a wicked undertow in the Atlantic, which kept us out of the water until Saturday. It also put a damper on my bay kayak trip, the wind was not fun on the water.

We did spend a wonderful afternoon at Island Beach State Park. The day before the storm it was a beautiful sunny day and the beaches were just about empty with the storm on its way.

My only regret is I did not bring a radio with me, a deserted beach would have been a blast to go on the air with the ocean view in front of me.

I still have the fall season for another trip or two for some beach portable.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jim, but you enjoyed the scenery without a radio. Next time the FT817 in your backpack. ;-) 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul,

    I am one of the few who do not own a FT817, but thinking of selling some stuff to get one. Best Regards, Jim

    ReplyDelete