Sunday, July 28, 2013

Rough Waves on 20

20 meters SSB has been up and down this afternoon with signals coming and going fast. As one operator said 20 is pretty rough and I have to agree with him. Heard 40 is not much better.

The stations I am hearing are putting out some serious power. Of course I always call CQ with a my mighty 10 watts just for the heck of it.

My antenna is a Par 20M end fed between a push up painters pole to a maple tree in the yard and an Icom 718 rig of various powers set up in my garage. We had a few drops of rain earlier but it has been mostly dry. The sun popped out for a few minutes and I was tempted to bring the station outside but that did not last long before the clouds came back.

The plan is to hang out on 20 into early this evening and see if the band opens up.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment