Friday, November 23, 2012

This & That

Hope everyone had a wonderful time with family and friends yesterday or if you were alone you made the day special in your own way.

We spent the day at my brothers house with plenty of food, desserts, and football on the tube in the background. It was a very nice Thanksgiving. Last night was sweatpants and relaxing with a beer or two.

Today is the big shopping day titled Black Friday. With the stores and highways packed it is a good day to stay at home, always some cleaning up to do in my garage and basement. Besides with free shipping online and great prices why fight the crowds.

I have a small fish pond in my yard, so while its still somewhat warm this afternoon, going to pack up the filters and pump and get ready for old man winter. No fun sticking your arm in a freezing cold pond in December.

Did a quick look this morning on Amazon for amateur radio products and this very affordable HT caught my eye.


BaoFeng UV-5R 136-174/400-180 MHz Dual-Band DTMF CTCSS FM HT. Prices start at 36.99 and up with free shipping, can't beat it. This would make for a great back up HT to keep in the car glove compartment or when running around. It feels like I spend hours in my car picking up my kids or waiting for them, most times with a good book. But a cheap HT would help pass the time.

OK time to go read a few blogs and maybe look for a deal or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment